Returns and Your Rights
About the Owners of BooksNI.com
BooksNI.com is owned by Colourpoint Books, Colourpoint House, Jubilee Business Park, Jubilee Road, Newtownards, BT23 4YH. Telephone +44 (0) 28 9182 0505. You can e-mail us at email@example.com Colourpoint Books' VAT number is GB574471814.
All prices on this web site are provided both including and excluding VAT. In cases where there is no VAT (most books, for example, have zero VAT) only one price is given and this is the price we will charge for the item. Postage is calculated when you have finished adding items to your cart and confirm the delivery address. We reserve the right to cancel an order and make a refund to you if we find that there has been an error of pricing on the web site.
We will endeavour to deliver all items ordered to you within 30 days. If an item will take longer than this to deliver to you (for example if it is difficult to source, or if a book is being reprinted) we will contact you to let you know. You will then have the option of requesting a refund of the cost of the item, or continuing to have us hold the order. If you live outside the UK and your country imposes a customs charge on your order, we will not be liable for these costs as we have no control over them.
Your Right to Cancel
Under UK "Distance Selling Regulations" you have the right to cancel your order. This is sometimes called the "Cooling Off Period". For a period of seven working days following the date of delivery of your item you may return it to us for a full refund. You do not have to give a reason for requesting cancellation. Your refund will be made within 30 days of receipt of your returned item. The following terms and conditions apply to cancellation:
- Cancellation only applies to items ordered online in your personal capacity as a consumer.
- Cancellation does not apply to electronic goods, such as eBooks, which have been downloaded.
- Cancellation does not apply to electronic goods (such as digital material) sold on CD or DVD where the item has been unsealed.
- Cancellation does not apply to music or video sold in the form of CDs or DVDs where the item has been unsealed.
- We will refund the cost of postage of delivery of the item to you, but you must pay the cost of returning the item to us.
- If the item was originally delivered as part of a larger order, we will refund only the element of postage that applies to that item.
- We recommend you return the item by registered post as we will not provide refund for items that are not received by us or have been damaged in transit while being sent from you back to us.
- You must take reasonable care with the item while it is in your possession. We will not provide refunds for items that have been damaged beyond what would be expected when you exercise your right to reasonably examine the goods.
If you wish to cancel your purchase please return it by recorded delivery to the address given above. Please also include full contact details, including telephone number. For your security we do not store credit card details. Thus, if you have made your original purchase by credit card, we will need to contact you to obtain these details again in order to put the refund onto your credit card.
If you wish to cancel your order prior to receiving your goods, please contact us for advice.
Data Protection Policy
For your security Colourpoint Books does not store details of credit cards once payment has been taken. We request your patience in the event of requesting these details again should we have to process a refund or other change to the charge.
Colourpoint Books maintains records of customers and sales in its accounts system. We do not share this information with anyone outside Colourpoint Books. You have the right to request a copy of all information that we store about you. If you would like to make such a request, please contact us using the contact details above.
We may occasionally send you information about other products or services offered by Colourpoint Books. If you would prefer not to receive such correspondence, please contact us using the contact details above.